We have many volunteer opportunities for community members, students and agency representatives. Choose from any of the following internal committees and visit our news and events site for ongoing updates.
If you cannot commit to meeting on a monthly basis for one of these committees, we always need help at our annual events, trainings, and activities. Contact us for more information.
To provide leadership in developing community-wide strategies that enhance the well-being of children and youth in Coconino County.
- Research and follow current policies which affect children, youth and their families
- Mobilize community efforts to increase education and awareness on important issues affecting children, youth and their families
- Mobilize community efforts to change policy at the local, state and national level
- Organize, sponsor and co-sponsor community events including Proposition Education Sessions, Public Candidate Debates and advocacy focused workshops and trainings
- Build relationships with other organizations to create additional support systems
- Write letters to the editor and letters to local leadership on community concerns
- Promote the 40 Developmental Assets in Coconino county communities, including through a public arts and education program called Flagstaff
- Further the Promoting Assets With Sculpture (PAWS) project
- Organize activities to empower, build resiliency and increase life and leadership skills in our youth
- Attend community events to educate and spread awareness to parents and other adults about vital Assets that help youth succeed
Child Abuse Prevention
- Plan, organize and facilitate the Annual Child Abuse Prevention activities including the Annual Conference, Follow-up Workshop and the Caring for Children Awards Reception
- Recruit guest speakers and plan and organize workshops and trainings for community professionals, parents, teachers, caregivers, direct service providers and others who offer direct support to children, youth and their families
- Promotes a Child Abuse Prevention message through community outreach and education
Alliance for Children’s Early Success (ACES)
- Provide resources to ensure quality child care for all children
- Equalizing opportunities for all of all children to be healthy and successful by assisting with Kindergarten Registration and Kindercamp
- Educating families and communities about the benefits of early childhood development by helping to coordinate Early Childhood Fairs throughout Coconino County and working with First Things First’s Family Resource Calendar.
- Seek, research, and recommend potential new and existing funding sources
- Review and recommend modifications to membership fees as needed
- Discuss, plan, and recommend possible fundraising events and activities
- Establish protocol for tracking impact and data collection for use in grant proposals and funding requests
You do not need to be a CCC&Y member, sit on the Board of Directors, or attend regularly scheduled board meetings to volunteer on one of our internal committees. All are welcome to join, engage and act with us in the capacity that is comfortable for you!
Please contact Virginia Watahomigie, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 928-679-7318 for more information.