CCC&Y has many volunteer opportunities for community members, students and agency representatives. Choose from any of the following internal committees and visit the events calendar for a complete list of meeting dates and times.
If you cannot commit to meeting on a monthly basis for one of these committees, we always need help at our annual events and activities. Again, visit the events calendar to see what is coming up or contact Ruth Ellen Elinski or call 679-7318 for more information.
CCC&Y Committee Descriptions
MISSION: To provide leadership in developing community-wide strategies that enhance the well-being of children and youth in Coconino County.
• Research current policies which affect children, youth and their families
• Mobilize community efforts to increase education and awareness on important issues affecting children, youth and their families
• Mobilize community efforts to change policy at the local, state and national level
• Organize, sponsor and co-sponsor community events including Proposition Education Sessions, Public Candidate Debates and advocacy focused workshops and trainings
• Build relationships with other organizations to create additional support systems
• Promote the 40 Developmental Assets in Coconino county communities, including through a public arts and education program called Flagstaff Promoting Assets With Sculpture (PAWS)
• Organize activities to empower, build resiliency and increase life and leadership skills in our youth
• Attend community events to educate and spread awareness to parents and other adults about vital Assets that help youth succeed
• Support the Community Assets Coordinator in fulfilling the objectives of the Asset Building Initiative
Child Abuse Prevention:
• Plan, organize and facilitate the Annual Child Abuse Prevention activities including the Annual Conference, Follow-up Workshop and the Caring for Children Awards Reception
• Recruit guest speakers and plan and organize workshops and trainings for community professionals, parents, teachers, caregivers, direct service providers and others who offer direct support to children, youth and their families
• Promotes a Child Abuse Prevention message through community outreach and education
Voices in Action (VIA) Committee:
• Directly connect with youth through focus groups to identify issues and gaps in youth services
• Support and empower community youth to make change
• Plan and implement the annual Youth Open House and monthly youth events bringing together a diverse group of young people to share their talents and interests with each other, their peers and community adults
If you would like to sit on one of our committees including the Child Abuse Prevention Committee, Youth Assets Committee, Voices In Action Committee or the Advocacy Committee, please contact Ruth Ellen Elinski or call 679-7318 for more information.
If you would like to be on the Board of Directors, please contact Ruth Ellen Elinski or call 679-7318 for more information.
If you would like to become a member, click here.