Is it difficult for you to find the words to explain violence in school to your kids? Do you need some coping strategies to help them get through traumatic experiences?
Coconino Coalition for Children and Youth (CCC&Y) would like to share the following valuable resources for parents, teachers, caregivers, community members and families needing resources to help support healthy dialogue with children.
- SAMSHSA’s Tips for Talking to Children and Youth After Traumatic Events: A Guide for Parents and Educators (view)
- Coping With Violence and Traumatic Events Website (view)
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers (view)
- Coping With Crisis: Tips for Parents adn Educators (view)
- Coping With Crisis – Helping Children With Special Needs (view)
- Dealing With Death in School (view)
- A Practical Guide for Crisis Response in Our Schools (view)
- School Crisis Guide: Helping and Healing in a Time of Crisis (view)
The National Alliance for Grieving Children (NAGC) provides a network for nationwide communication between hundreds of children’s bereavement support professionals and volunteers who want to share ideas, information and resources with each other to better support the families they serve in their own communities, as well as promoting awareness of the needs of children and teens grieving a death and provides education and resources for anyone who wants to support them… Because all grieving children deserve a chance to heal. Some of the resources include the ones you’ve shared but there are also additional ones that may be helpful.
We hope that you will share these resources with those who will find them useful.Return to Resources