Strengthening Families is a research-informed approach to increase family strengths, enhance child development and reduce the likelihood of child abuse and neglect. It is based on engaging families, programs, and communities in building five protective factors.
- Parental Resilience
- Social Connections
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development
- Concrete Support in Times of Need
- Social and Emotional Competence of Children
Using the Strengthening Families framework, more than 30 states are shifting policy and practice to help programs working with children and families focus on protective factors. States apply the Strengthening Families approach in early childhood, child welfare, child abuse prevention and other child and family serving systems.
Bring this Framework to Life in Your Work
Implementation in multiple settings: Home Visits & Early Care and Education | Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention & Child Welfare
- In-person or online training to support implementation of the Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework in multiple settings
- 7 courses, each about 2 hours long,
- Introduction & Orientation
- A course on each of the 5 factors
- A wrap-up course that moves users from knowledge to action
Click here to find a local Arizona trainer!