We have many volunteer opportunities for community members, students and agency representatives. Choose from any of the following internal committees and visit our news and events site for ongoing updates.
If you cannot commit to meeting on a monthly basis for one of these committees, we always need help at our annual events, trainings, and activities. Contact us for more information.Webinar Sign Up
To provide leadership in developing community-wide strategies that enhance the well-being of children and youth in Coconino County.
Action and Outreach
- Research and follow current policies which affect children, youth and their families
- Non- Partisan stances on issues in-line with our inititiaves
- Mobilize community efforts to increase education and awareness on important issues affecting children, youth and their families
- Mobilize community efforts to change policy at the local, state and national level
- Non- Partisan Candidate Questionnaires and voter education
Coconino Prevention Council (Child Abuse Prevention and Substance Abuse Prevention)
- Connecting childhood trauma to increased risk for substance abuse
- Adverse Childhood Experience and Resiliency Training
- Mindfulness strategies for substance abuse reduction
- Community Awareness and Leadership Expansion
- Asset Development, Building Resiliency and Engagement
- NEAR- Informed (neuroscience, epigenetics, ACES and resiliency)
Successful Completion of Kevin Campbell Event Successful Completion of From Place to Place Film Screening
Early Childhood Fair Planning Committee
- Planning committee for annual event. Event is a large, fun family event with activities and resources for the young child
- 90% of brain development happens before age 5 so commitment to spreading awareness and support for families.
You do not need to be a CCC&Y member, sit on the Board of Directors, or attend regularly scheduled board meetings to volunteer on one of our internal committees. All are welcome to join, engage and act with us in the capacity that is comfortable for you!
Please contact Virginia Watahomigie, Executive Director, at email@example.com or call 928-679-7318 for more information.