We have many volunteer opportunities for community members, students and agency representatives. Choose from any of the following internal committees and visit our news and events site for ongoing updates.
If you cannot commit to meeting on a monthly basis for one of these committees, we always need help at our annual events, trainings, and activities. Contact us for more information.
To provide leadership in developing community-wide strategies that enhance the well-being of children and youth in Coconino County.
Action and Outreach
- Research and follow current policies which affect children, youth and their families
- Mobilize community efforts to increase education and awareness on important issues affecting children, youth and their families
- Mobilize community efforts to change policy at the local, state and national level
- Organize, sponsor and co-sponsor community events including Proposition Education Sessions, Public Candidate Debates and advocacy focused workshops and trainings
- Build relationships with other organizations to create additional support systems
- Write letters to the editor and letters to local leadership on community concerns
Child Abuse Prevention (Flagstaff and Williams Regional Councils)
- Plan, organize and facilitate the Annual Child Abuse Prevention activities including the Annual Conference, Follow-up Workshop and the Caring for Children Awards Reception (Flagstaff) or Field of Hope and Education activities in Williams.
- Recruit guest speakers and plan and organize workshops and trainings for community professionals, parents, teachers, caregivers, direct service providers and others who offer direct support to children, youth and their families
- Promotes a Child Abuse Prevention message through community outreach and education
Early Childhood Fair Planning Committee
- Planning committee for annual event. Event is a large, fun family event with activities and resources for the young child
- 90% of brain development happens before age 5 so commitment to spreading awareness and support for families.
Coalition Fosters Connections
- Collective Impact Strategy
- Community Engagement to Improve Foster Care outcomes through child abuse prevention and quality trauma response
- 40 Assets work and national guest speaker training
- Commitment to kinship family support
You do not need to be a CCC&Y member, sit on the Board of Directors, or attend regularly scheduled board meetings to volunteer on one of our internal committees. All are welcome to join, engage and act with us in the capacity that is comfortable for you!
Please contact Virginia Watahomigie, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 928-679-7318 for more information.